Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Purpose

Life is good.
I am happy... or working towards happiness.
It's like the quote, "Action may not always bring happiness but there is no happiness without action." 
Sometimes we aren't always proud of our actions or everything that happens... but we can't dwell on that. That will only make us unhappy. We need to dwell on the good parts of life. The actions that bring happiness. And we can't just wait for the happiness to come... We need to act! That's part of life. Moving on and looking towards the future. 

I'm so  tired of dwelling on everything that has ever happened in the past. I am more than ready to look towards the future. I love being able to smile and laugh and relax. Smiling as I drift off to sleep thinking about the week. I love walking down the hall laughing! Saying hi to all my friends. Not worrying about anything... Just looking forward to the next day and what is going to happen! Things may not always be exactly the way you want them to be... but there is always a balance. Everything won't be perfect at one time. You're gonna have challenges and imperfections. If everything was always perfect, there would be no point to life. Once you perfect something, it seems only reasonable for something to come in that's imperfect. It's a constant cycle. And you're not alone... you have friends and family who are always there for you to help you.

It's taken me so long to learn some of the smallest lessons. These lessons that I wish I hadn't had to learn, but that will somehow benefit me later in life. There is a purpose for everything. You're not just gonna have to go through something because Heavenly Father thought it would be entertaining. You go through things because you're supposed to learn from it. You may not know the reason for it right now, at this very moment, but it will all make sense someday.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment