Last night I had to opportunity to watch Aida!! :D It was, of course, AMAZING! The only thing they could have done differently.... in the show there is Radames' father. He is all evil and he has his little follower people. They are supposed to be all macho macho men! But the dances made them tooty-fruity :P They were doing "arabesques" and "pirouettes" which are all ballet and contemporary dance moves. (aka tooty-fruity) Only one guy pulled off the dance moves and made them macho man moves. But other than the little follower men, the show was amazing!! Some of THE best vocals I have ever heard in a community show. I was in awe every time someone sang.
A little about AIDA: Egypt has enslaved Nubia. The Captain of the expedition, Radames, is betrothed to the fashionable Princess Amneris (Daughter of the Pharoh). Aida, the princess of Nubia, comes to the palace as a slave. Radames and Aida realize how much they truly have in common, and end up falling in love. Once they pronounce their love to each other, everything goes crazy!
It is by far one of the greatest musicals ever! I have never heard any music that could top this. Elton John knows his stuff! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment